GIS Public Works Intern – Summer 2019
Website Town of Hillsborough
Town of Hillsborough Public Works Intern (GIS), Summer 2019
The Town of Hillsborough seeks an intern with a passion for technology, collaboration, and creative problem-solving. The intern will actively contribute to meaningful Town projects in the Public Works Department (GIS, Public Works/Utilities, Open Space Mitigation and Engineering).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Survey utilities, property lines and sensitive species areas in Town owned open spaces or right-of-ways using GPS.
Assist with the improvement of the Town’s computerized maintenance management system (Lucity).
GIS data management and cleanup.
ArcGIS Online creation of Story Maps and individual websites.
Assist the Engineering Department with project based and administrative tasks.
Additional duties as assigned.
- Majoring in Computer Science, Geography, Natural Resources or a closely related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, Python and SQL
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in teams and independently
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
This position is not eligible for Town benefits, except Paid Sick Leave as required by state law.
Contact phone: (650)375-7502
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit www.calopps.org.