Teaching Assistant for Introductory GIS and Public Health Class
Website Touro University California
Touro University California
Touro University California has an opening for a part-time (20 hours/week) temporary teaching assistant position (August-December 2018) for a graduate elective on GIS in the Masters of Public Health Program. The teaching assistant will support 12-15 students in weekly 3-hour computer lab sessions, hold office hours, grade assignments, and help manage the course website.
Ideal candidates will have GIS experience in the context of public health, but coursework and/or work experience in other areas (environmental science, urban planning, or geography) is also acceptable.
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a teaching team
- Skilled in ArcGIS
- Able to be the lead for all oversight and trouble-shooting during computer labs
- Undergraduate degree in related field (environmental science, geography, urban planning, etc.)
- Master’s degree preferred
- Developing exercises
- Reviewing tutorials and preparing some explanatory presentations
- Providing hands-on support to students during the computer lab
- Responding to student questions via email and holding weekly office hours in person or virtually
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to the email below.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com