Senior GIS Analyst (ESC)
San Francisco, CA, US, 94105
Requisition ID # 28990
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : San Francisco
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E’s electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, system protection engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
The Senior GIS Analyst performs advanced GIS analysis and related tasks under direction of higher classification employees.
- Interact with clients to assess business needs, coordinate with outside agencies, market GIS services, and perform training as appropriate.
- Perform all tasks with high level of client satisfaction.
- Develop data layers: Design and manage data acquisition processes (vector or raster), acquire and convert data from outside sources, perform topological conversion, create and maintain metadata.
- Produce intermediate to advanced cartographic output involving sophisticated analyses.
- Perform intermediate to advanced database queries, analyses and reports.
- Perform intermediate to advanced spatial analysis utilizing existing modeling tools.
- Assist with applications development at an advanced level, for example, developing business requirement documents including preliminary layout of forms (input-output), sample reports, required algorithms pertinent to the application, and designing web-based help pages.
- Perform intermediate to advanced data administration tasks on spatial data files and spatial RDBMS.
- Obtain and customize new GIS tools, including scripts and utilities benefiting the GIS group.
- Coach other GIS employees on areas of expertise.
- Ability to perform all tasks of all lower classification GIS positions as needed.
- Ability to manage projects with high client satisfaction and excellent communication.
- Collaboratively direct the work of others.
- BA/BS in Geomatics, Geography, GIS, or related field, or the equivalent in education and/or experience
- Minimum 30 months experience in GIS at GIS Analyst level or equivalent
- Oracle Spatial
To apply for this job please visit careers.pge.com.