Website San Francisco Public Utilities Commission
CLASS 5380 STUDENT DESIGN TRAINEE I
Working Title: GIS Intern
Response Deadline: February 12, 2020
Salary: $29.50 per hour
Time commitment: Approximately 20 hours a week
Internship Duration: This is a temporary exempt as-needed appointment not to exceed 1040 hours over any rolling 12-month period. This means Intern may work 20 hours a week indefinitely while enrolled in school. Interns are eligible to work part-time for 6-months post-graduation/after they stop taking classes.
The San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC) is seeking a student trainee to work primarily on the Geographic Information System (GIS) for the Maintenance Engineering Group within the Water Supply and Treatment Division. This division is tasked with maintaining the infrastructure for the wholesale water system which delivers water from Hetch Hetchy Reservoir to approximately 2.7 million customers in the Bay Area.
The position is located in the Millbrae office.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
Under the direction of the GIS Manager, assist with implementation and maintenance of the Geographic Information System by:
- Assist in GIS database design, creation, maintenance and analysis.
- Desktop GIS data creation and editing, including transcribing information from hard copy documents into GIS
- Conduct research using as-built engineering drawings to increase data accuracy
- Working with spreadsheets
- Edits data geometry and attributes as requested
- Working with engineering drawings and appurtenance sheets to create GIS data layers
- Perform other related duties as requested
- Course work in GIS, databases, cartography and remote sensing
- Experience using ESRI ArcGIS 10.x software
- Experience working in ArcMap
- Interest in asset management
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Experience editing and digitizing
Application Deadline: February 12, 2020
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org