Provisional GIS Analyst (County of Santa Clara)
General Description and Objectives
Support Public Safety projects and operation for County 9-1-1 Communications Department as GIS Support that includes:
• Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system implementation
• GIS support for existing County Communications (9-1-1) operations.
This position requires onsite presence at least two days a week during the normal work hours.
Skills and Experiences
• Ability to analyze, propose, and maintains the design of GIS databases and GIS data models
• Ability to transform GIS and non-GIS data and automate the transformation process
• Ability to translate business requirements to technical requirements
• Ability to understand complex application architecture that embeds GIS technology
• Ability to communicate technical concept to broader business stakeholders
• Experience with Esri ArcGIS Desktop/ArcGIS Pro is a must
• Experience with Safe Software FME is a plus
• Experience with HERE data is a plus
• Experience with Python is a plus
• Experience with Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system is a plus
At the discretion of IT Manager, the following tasks (but are not limited to) will be assigned
• Develop GIS data that will be integrated into Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system.
• Analyze and evaluate geo-spatial data and ensure GIS data is accurate and reliable.
• Assess and understand user and customer needs, develop the needed system output, and communicate requirements.
• Import GIS data into Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system.
• Testing of the system and refinement of the data based on feedback.
• Develop documentations of the data development and transformation process.
• Provide ongoing production support for legacy 911 System and newly implemented
Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system and ancillary systems such as Mobile CAD.
Training and Experience Requirement
Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Computer Science, Geography, Earth Science, Urban Planning, Mathematics, Engineering, Physical Sciences, Environmental Science, Geology or related field,
Three (3) years of IT work experience with geospatial data collection, analysis, conversion and maintenance comparable to the County’s Associate GIS Analyst.
Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field, and
Five (5) years of IT work experience with geospatial data collection, analysis, conversion, and maintenance. Three (3) years of this experience must be at a level comparable to the County’s Associate GIS Analyst.
• You are filling the position on a provisional basis. You may hold this position, without taking a County exam for a period not to exceed twelve (12) months in any consecutive twenty-four (24) month period. If an eligible list is established during the above-mentioned twelve-month period, your provisional appointment will end within 90 days of the date the eligibility has been created. You may be placed back into your previously held job code at County, if still vacant, if you have underlying permanent status.
• If you are interested in regular County employment in this job classification, you must file for the exam (if applicable) when it is announced, pass the exam, and be reachable on the eligible list (currently the top 10 candidates).
For more information, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/santaclara/classspecs/113814
Contact Please send your resume to Yoko Myers at email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit isd.sccgov.org..