GIS Teaching Position
Website Brandman University
Brandman University is a non-profit institution with a mission to provide students with a dynamic education based on excellence and flexibility that creates lasting value and relevance for evolving careers. Brandman University provides adult learners with broader access to quality higher education with cutting-edge curricula driven by innovative pedagogy and technology. Brandman has focused on developing an innovative curriculum approach for our programs, using a blended format of online and face-to-face instruction at our 28 campuses located in California and Washington, and a fully online format for online students located across the country. For more information, visit us at www.brandman.edu.
Responsibilities of Brandman University full-time faculty include teaching, mentoring and service. Research is supported but not required. All Faculty positions are non-tenure track, normally hired at the rank of assistant professor. We offer competitive salaries with generous benefits.
School of Arts and Sciences
GIS (Geographic Information Systems)
This 10-month position includes shared responsibility for course development and teaching in the anticipated Master’s of Science in Geographic Information Systems program. The anticipated position start date is August 1, 2019; an earlier start date may be possible.
Minimal requirements are:
- Master’s degree in Geospatial science, GIS, statistics, geography, demography, public policy, environmental science or other relevant discipline
- Expert knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Substantial applied/professional experience using GIS
- Experience with spatial statistics
- Some experience with teaching or training
- Some experience in online training and/or curriculum development
Preferred qualifications include:
- Doctoral degree in Geospatial science, statistics, geography, demography, public policy, environmental science or other relevant discipline
- Teaching experience at both graduate and undergraduate levels
- Experience working with adult learners
- Interest in continuously exploring new technology
If you want to apply your teaching experience and passion for adult learning in an environment that is student centered and values integrity, collaboration, and innovation, Brandman University is the place for you. Please visit the Brandman University Career Site. To apply, visit https://brandman.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=1&c=brandman jeid-9ff059ed58ffd64ea50f5ef3892cb108
To apply for this job please visit brandman.csod.com.