Assessor Mapping Supervisor
County of Sonoma
Join the Clerk-Recorder-Assessor’s Office as an Assessor Mapping Supervisor!
Starting salary up to $35.23/hour* ($73,529/year), plus a cash allowance of approximately $600/month*
With approximately 183,000 parcels of land in Sonoma County, the Assessor’s Office relies on a team of 64 assessment professionals to determine the assessed value of each parcel. The Mapping Unit is responsible for maintaining nearly 7,000 assessment parcel maps that show ownership and tax rate area boundaries. The Mapping Unit uses computer aided drafting (CAD) software to create, revise, and update parcel maps with information gathered from recorded deeds, subdivision maps, parcel maps, and records of survey.
The Assessor Mapping Supervisor is instrumental in providing the residents of Sonoma County with accurate and timely property assessments by establishing mapping and production standards and coordinating mapping schedules. The Assessor Mapping Supervisor is responsible for supervising, training, and directing the work of the Mapping Unit in addition to resolving conflicts and problems with property boundaries, title, and other related areas.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Training in advanced AutoCAD cadastral mapping techniques
- The ability to interpret legal descriptions, deeds, and other assessment documents
- General knowledge of Geographic Information System practices
- Experiencesupervising, leading, and training staff
When you join the Clerk-Recorder-Assessor’s office, you have the opportunity to be a part of a challenging and rewarding work environment, and the satisfaction of knowing that you’re working to better the community. You can also look forward to a competitive total compensation package, including*:
- An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance up to $650 and ongoing education/training opportunities
- Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals, 12 paid holidays, and an additional 8 floating holiday hours per year
- County paid premium contribution to several health plan options
- County contribution to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help fund post-retirement employee health insurance/benefits
- Retirement fully integrated with Social Security
- May be eligible for up to 8 weeks (320 hours) of Paid Parental Leave after 12 months of County employment
- Eligibility for a salary increase after 1,040 hours (6 months when working full-time) for good work performance; eligibility for a salary increase for good performance
This recruitment is being conducted to fill an Assessor Mapping Supervisor position the Clerk-Recorder-Assessor’s Office. This employment list may also be used to fill future full-time, part-time, or extra-help (temporary) positions as they occur during the active status of the list. County employees who wish to be considered for future positions should consider applying to this recruitment. The Civil Service title for this position is Cadastral Mapping Supervisor.
*Salary is negotiable within the established range. Benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice.
APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS REQUIRE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE BE COMPLETED.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.