GIS Database Specialist
Website City of San Mateo
Local Government GIS Services
(Part-time) 32hrs / week Posting Date June 10th, 2019 – open until filled
City of San Mateo seeks qualified individual to develop, maintain and validate GIS data sets pertaining to land use changes due to development. As a member of the GIS team, you will perform a variety of technical work in the collection and maintenance of property and building records for entry into the City’s GIS.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
· ESRI – ArcGIS desktop software, ArcGIS on-line tools
Specific emphasis on geodata maintenance tools
· Principles and techniques of geospatial analysis and maintenance of geodatabase
· Cartography and mapping related technology
· Map projections and coordinate systems and translation functions
· Develop, maintain and validate geodatabase data sets
· Ability to use ArcMap geoprocessing tools to create, edit and validate road networks
· Analyze data and develop logical solutions to maintaining the data in both MS Access and MS SQL server data warehouse environments
· Interpret staff mapping and GIS needs and translate into desired products
· Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
· Establish and maintain cooperative working relationship with those contacted in the course of work.
· 1-2 years of professional experience using ESRI ArcGIS to produce data and map products. Experience with ESRI ArcGIS Desktop. Experience MS Access and MS Excel.
· Two or more college years in studying GIS, Geography or related fields
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Research, collect, enter and maintain permit and development data to update property and building records in the GIS
· Respond to ad-hoc users request for geospatial analysis, decision making tools and map products
Flexible Schedule, Part-time 32 hrs. /week, Non-benefited position starting at $33.75/hr. Term limited to 1000 hrs. in Fiscal Yr. starting July 1, 2019 ending June 30, 2020.
APPLY by sending your resume to:
Patrick Crevelt, GIS Coordinator
City of San Mateo, CA
330 W 20th Ave
San Mateo, CA 94403
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org