UDC is a growing and respected consulting and field inventory company serving the electric and gas utility industry. UDC has a friendly, committed and professional team who support each other and are passionate about what we do, leveraging our experience and helping our clients to build the future of their businesses.
UDC is seeking qualified applicants to perform field data collection starting June 4th.
• A minimum of 1 year ESRI experience –ArcGIS Desktop preferred
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (including MS Access)
• Understanding of GIS
• Must have great attention to detail and the ability to work outdoors and independently
• Ability to follow specification documents and understand scope of the project
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Electric Utility knowledge a plus
• Ability to travel extensively throughout Northern California a must
This successful candidate will collect data in the field using a hand-held computer and a laser measuring device to read and record angles and heights of electric facilities on poles. Applicants must have the ability to work outdoors in a self-managed environment and use a field computer. Applicants are required to have a good driving record and be safety conscience. Proficient computer skills are required and some familiarity with electric utility outside plant assets would be helpful. Extensive travel throughout Northern California is required.
This is a full-time (40 hours a week), non-exempt position with benefits. UDC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Applicants must pass criminal and motor vehicle background checks. Training will take place in the San Rafael area, exact location to be determined. Selected candidates must be available to start June 4th. Local candidates from Northern California preferred. Relocation is not provided for candidates.
Qualified candidates should send their resume to the email below with the subject title of Field Technician-Northern California.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org