Staff GIS Cartographer
Website Lettis Consultants International, Inc.
Earth Science Consultants
LCI is looking for a GIS Cartographer to support various GIS tasks applied to the general fields of engineering geology and seismic hazards assessment. This is an entry to mid-level position which could be filled by a GIS Cartographer with 1 to 5 years of experience. Please see the job description below and submit your resume, along with examples of your previous work (as attached PDF files or website URLs) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Staff GIS Cartographer 2018” in the subject line.
LCI is an Earth Science consulting firm specializing in geologic, seismic and natural hazards investigations. LCI is a small business located in the San Francisco Bay Area that is dedicated to providing its clients with science-based solutions to technically challenging Earth Science problems. LCI personnel have extensive experience conducting large, logistically complex, multi-disciplinary studies for critical facilities such as nuclear power plants, dams, ports, bridges, pipelines and LNG terminals.
Skills & Experience Required:
• Degree in GIS (Masters degree is a plus)
• Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro (intermediate/advanced)
• Knowledge of IT (Information Technologies) systems
• ArcGIS 10.5 or newer (intermediate/advanced)
• Knowledge of drone imagery collection and processing is a plus
• Knowledge of additional ESRI or non-ESRI GIS products is a plus
• Knowledge of website design and update is a plus
GIS Cartographers possess the following skills, knowledge, and abilities:
• Graphical Presentation: Creative production of high quality figures and maps for technical reports using ESRI and Adobe software packages.
• Communication, Written, Oral, and Cartographic: The ability to convey GIS and spatial information to non-technical people.
• Analytical Skills: The ability to solve problems using the GIS suite of tools.
• Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
• Data Acquisition: Knowing how to locate, identify, and validate essential GIS data and information.
GIS Cartographers perform the following tasks:
• Create figures and cartographic products using GIS and graphics software.
• Work with LCI geologists or clients to define data needs, project requirements, required outputs, or to develop applications.
• Gather, analyze, and integrate spatial data and determine how best the information can be displayed using GIS.
• Compile geographic data from a variety of sources.
• Analyze spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into documents and reports.
• Maintain and update of large spatial databases.
• Ability to work under QA/QC (quality assurance and quality control) projects environment
• Enter new map data by digitizing or by direct input of coordinate information using the principles of cartography including coordinate systems, longitude, latitude, elevation, topography, and map scales.
• Analyze geographic relationships among varying types of data.
• Prepare metadata and other documentation.
• Operate and maintain GIS system hardware, software, plotter, digitizer and printers.
• Present information to users and answer questions.
LCI supports a diverse workforce and collegial working environment. We support active research and professional development for all employees, with a strong belief that good science and good people make good business. LCI supports all full time employees with health and dental coverage, a 401(k) retirement plan, and other benefits.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com