GIS Analyst/ Graphic Designer
Website Toole Design Group
Do you love working with data and GIS? Do you daydream about better ways to visualize information and get people excited? Do you want the freedom to develop new skills and innovate in the work place, and merge your data and graphic design skills? If so, we’re looking for someone like you to join our team as an Analyst/Designer in our Oakland, CA office.
Why join TDG?
At Toole Design Group, we’re working to create vibrant, multimodal transportation solutions for people of all ages and abilities. Our staff of 150+ planning, engineering, and design professionals are passionate about making a difference in communities large and small. The pace is fast, our team is creative and dynamic, and you will collaborate across disciplines with colleagues on transformative projects across the country.
As an Analyst/Designer, you’ll play a key role in making biking and walking more appealing in communities in the Bay Area and across the country. You’ll be at the table with our clients, planners, and engineers on projects from start to finish; performing analysis and producing graphics and illustrations that display TDG’s vision of a safer, healthier community. Projects range from bicycle and pedestrian master plans to downtown master plans, to trail study corridors, to vision zero pedestrian safety plans.
You’ll be great here if:
- You love thinking about better ways to convey information
- You are passionate about mapping and the power of geospatial data
- You use Sketchup and Illustrator as your creative outlets
- You enjoy finding creative solutions to complex problems
- You enjoy a fast-paced work environment with unique challenges every day You enjoy collaborating across disciplines and offices to do great work
- You deliver high-quality work on time and on-budget
- A Bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, Landscape Architecture, Planning, Architecture or related field with at least one year of workplace GIS experience
- Strong proficiency using the ESRU software suite
- Strong graphic design skills
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Proficiency with QGIS and other open-source software
- Experience managing large data sets
- Experience with PostgreSQL and Python a plus
- Experience using Sketchup
- Experience with web design a plus
We’ll offer you:
- The opportunity to improve municipalities one map at a time, contributing high-quality graphics to groundbreaking planning documents.
- Competitive salary and industry-best benefits
- A workplace that practices what it preaches, with engaged colleagues and financial incentives to bike, walk, and use transit on your commute.
- Exceptional opportunities for professional development through internal training, mentorship, and professional associations.
About our Oakland office:
Toole Design Group’s Oakland office is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Oakland, a block away from the 19th St BART station. Our office environment is fun to work in with a strong emphasis on staff collaboration and is easily accessed on foot, by bicycle, and via transit. Our Bay Area team is a dynamic mix of transportation planners and engineers, and our projects range from countywide plans to street transformations throughout California.
To apply for this job please visit tooledesign.bamboohr.com.